Blocker Bug Voting and Conversation

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:42:13 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 07:29 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> I've thought about this too, it's clearly the case there's a bit of
> unnecessary bureaucracy overhead on certain bugs. The problem is that
> any time I sit down and try and find a way to fix it that won't lead to
> any problems, it gets tricky. On an 'ad hoc' basis the system we used
> this week - have someone go through the list and 'bin' the reports -
> isn't bad, but it's relying on there being a person to do that, and
> that's one more job that will probably inevitably fall to an RHian since
> we can be guaranteed to be around,

Not really

>   which increases our workload and the
> perception that Fedora is just a cipher for RH, neither of which I'm
> super happy with encouraging...so it's a tricky problem. Ideas welcome,
> though. =)

I would say one symptom is that our criteria is getting to complicated
which leads to all the "gray" area that needs to be discussed.

Eliminate that gray area like we just did with

"There must be no errors in any package on the DVD or release-blocking
live desktop media which cause the package to fail to install."

and the process will become more efficient.

JBG