Rename anaconda to cryptoconda?

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 12:00:52 UTC 2012

Dne Út 4. prosince 2012 09:39:03, Adam Williamson napsal(a):
> On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 11:06 +0100, Karel Volný wrote:
> > Dne Po 3. prosince 2012 23:47:14, Adam Williamson napsal(a):
> > > This gets into a very general discussion, but there is a fairly solid
> > > case to be made that excessively aggressive behaviour on mailing lists
> > > doesn't just discourage those it's aimed at,
> >
> > I wish it had worked ... discouraging developers that do things that users
> > do not like would be a good thing ;-) but sometimes I've got the opposite
> > feeling - the more criticism, the more "yes, I must be doing that right,
> > they burnt Giordano Bruno on the stake for the truth, now they are trying
> > to burn me"
> That's, er, a) completely unsubstantiated

YMMV ...

> and b) not what I said.
> 'Doesn't just discourage X but Y' means 'it discourages both X and Y'.
> It doesn't mean 'it discourages Y but not X'.

understood ... I should have made clear that I'm focusing just on the "it
discourages/does not discourage X" part regardless of what happens to Y

> > > but a substantial number of potential contributors who do not feel
> > > comfortable jumping into such an environment.
> >
> > hm, and would they feel comfortable jumping to an environment where they
> > hear "go away we don't want you"?
> >
> > shouldn't the reaction be more like "please keep your swearing at home"
> > than "go away, don't test Fedora"?
>
> Ideally, for sure. But what if someone refuses to change their
> communication style?

then the answer should not be in the same (or equally discouraging) style ...
had I mentioned already that I like how do _you_ handle the flames?

and as for the OP, we may talk about banning (which is a solution that I do
not like) or partial list moderation (if there's someone willing to do that
...) - or anything else how to improve the _communication_ but not how to
reduce the user/tester/developer base

K.

--
Karel Volný