Problems installing Fedora 18 Beta

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Wed Dec 5 17:01:26 UTC 2012

On 05.12.2012 17:33, Lawrence Graves wrote:
> I am having problems with the installing of Fedora 18 Beta on my PC. I
> have it install from an earlier version namely Fedora 18 Beta TC9. I
> am trying to do afresh install with the lastest release Fedora Beta
> RC1. When I get to the part to select the drive I want to install
> Fedora 18 on it simply will not allow me. I can't understand this
> problem. Would you please advise me as to what might be causing this
> problem.
> --
> All things are workable but don't all things work. Prov. 3:5 & 6

So you have a previous Fedora 18 version installed already? Now you must
manually reclaim all disk space used by this installation and assign
"mount points" to new partitions being very cautious because it's a mine
field.

I found zeroing MBR in my virtual machines much easier than playing with
anaconda. But there might be some cases where you don't want to lose all
your existing data. If you have dedicated disk just zero MBR and make
anaconda think it's fresh empty disk.

Mateusz Marzantowicz