test list rejecting unsubscribed senders

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 17:10:08 UTC 2012

> On 12/05/2012 02:05 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > If I understand correctly, this list allowed unsubscribed people to
> > post to this list (can somebody confirm?). Today I received
> > complaints that it is no longer possible. It might be related to
> > some adjustments I've made in mailman lately. It might be a bug or
> > it might be just my lame hands.
> >
> > Please stand by until we resolve the issue, or subscribe to the
> > list to work around the problem. Thanks.
>
> Afaik I know you always had to subscribe and I personally preferred
> that
> we kept it that way.
>
> Who granted you access to start fiddling with our mailman settings
> which
> we have been using unchanged before you even started with RH?

Some of the existing or previous list admins, obviously. I don't remember who.
The changes made were related to LinkedIn spam going into moderation queue instead of being discarded.
The settings have not been unchanged for 4 years, that's not true.

Johann, I replied to you according to "be excellent to each other" principle. I would appreciate if you formulated your questions also according to this principle, instead of being aggressive. Otherwise your question might go unanswered next time. Thank you.