Liberation 2.0 Vs Liberation 1.0 (Need comments)

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 12:22:02 UTC 2012

> > If you do keep the current blurry fonts as default (god forbid),
> > please at least provide an easy way to switch to Fedora 17
> > rendering
> > style. Thanks.
>

> We all thought we need to wait for some more times for this feature.
> Decided in Fedora i18 meeting to defer this feature now. I will
> build liberation 1.07.2 soon for Fedora 18. It will solve the issue.
> Backward compatibility is difficult in this case. But next time i
> will give better try.

Pravin, what exactly this means - will F18 repo contain both liberation 1 and liberation 2 fonts? That means liberation 2 will automatically replace liberation 1 fonts on update, unless I use some yum extension to force the old version? Or is the solution different, like renaming liberation 2 fonts to liberation2 package?