Samba issue after yesterday

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Dec 6 18:05:23 UTC 2012

I don't have much time to spend troubleshooting this, but thought I'd ask
if anyone else has run into it.

I have a small samba share on my workstation that my group uses.  I've been
using AD authentication which has always worked without problem. Set it up
using authconfig-tui and just filling in the usual

For smb.conf again, pretty standard, this configuration worked in F17 and
worked until I restarted the machine this morning.

The update yesterday was to samba and friends, to 4-0.0-170.fc18.rc6.x86_64

I can join the domain run testjoin, but if I try

smbclient -L //mymachine/share -Umyname%password  (or
-UDOMAIN/myname%password) I get NT authentication fail.

As I said, I'm not going to spend much time troubleshooting--for the
moment, just changed it (there are only three people who use it, all in IT,
and all who know that F18 is experimental) for the moment to security by
user--but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

So therefore, I won't be filing a bug report at this point--this is more a
general inquiry as to whether anyone else has run into it or something
similar.

There is no iptables on the machine and selinux is disabled.

Thanks for any answers to what I realize is not a very good question.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Will, wait. I'm really sorry.
 Willow: Buff, I'm storming off. It doesn't really work if you come
 with me.