Reclaim disk space doesn't reuse existing swap, should it?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Dec 7 05:04:59 UTC 2012

A partition in either MBR/GPT is set to the partition type for Linux swap, but Reclaim space considers it Unknown and won't automatically use it. Bug? Feature request? Seems like autopart should just figure this out automatically and use it rather than a.) considering it unknown; b.) making a new one just for Fedora.

Is it considered acceptable to reuse one swap for multiple linux OS's? I'm pretty sure I'd read that LiveCD's will use an available swap partition on a local disk, if available. If so it seems multiple linux distros can use a single swap partition rather than each having their own. True/False?

Chris Murphy