systemd: Failed to initialize SELinux context: Permission denied

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Fri Dec 7 19:53:34 UTC 2012

Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote on 12/07/2012 14:40:55:

> > I agree this would be hard to diagnose.  I doubt I could reproduce the
> > situation given all this poor system has been through.  That and I'm
> > already up to my ears in alligators trying to port our software stack
over
> > to what's becoming F18.
> >
> > As I stated, it's no longer a problem for me, so I'm happy.  I just
wanted
> > to make sure those who would want to know had been informed.
> >
> > -- John Florian
> >

> If you have a selinux-policy version of 57,58,59 it could have also
failed on
> the relabel in enforcing mode, since there was  a major bug in policy
that
> should be fixed by -60.

Believe it or not, I had enough ssh history in konsole on that machine to
scroll back and see where I was doing the upgrade and lo and behold, it
was on -59 at the time.

Would it make sense to capture the policy version in the audit.log
alongside those AVCs?  Seems like that would be helpful when reviewing
them.  Or would it be useless without some sort of "tainted" flag like the
kernel uses to indicate when the policy had been augmented in some way?
--
John Florian