why not a partition assignment mode? (Re: community etiquette (Re: Rename anaconda to cryptoconda?))

Daniel Krawchuk dkrawchuk at mymts.net
Fri Dec 7 23:42:00 UTC 2012

I consider myself a basic user and what Chris describes is what I do every time I install the latest release on my laptop from the livecd, a process that has always taken a couple of minutes of configuration followed by however long copying the image took.  I re-use my existing partitions, /, /home and swap  only reformatting / since that is where the new install goes.  My partitioning scheme is about as simple as it gets.  Although it certainly would not be hard to re-create it, why has it become necessary?

Dan Krawchuk