NetworkManager and VM Bridged Networking

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Dec 14 18:33:38 UTC 2012

On 12/14/2012 02:23 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 00:26:01 -0800
> Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>
>> This is \unfortunate\ as Lunix stopped being a
>> useful server when I tried ro revert to the old "network" as suggested by the article.
> Really? I've never found anything that works correctly under NM,
> what server functionality can't work without NM?
>
> Maybe it interacts with firewalld? You can turn off firewalld as
> well and turn back on iptables and ip6tables.
If NM with its doppleganger ModemManager isn't as good as "network",
why is it in Fedora?

I need Fedora to do the following:

1.  Present omen.com to the internet with http, sendmail, etc.

2.  Masquerade my local net to the internet, support pxeboot installs

3.  Run a variety of apps including pan newsreader, thunderbird, and
gnuradio

4.  Run SCO Unix on a VM able to share files.  This is not important as
I have other
ways to run SCO when needed.  But it is an advertised capability and
should work.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com