Configure Mount Point doesn't appear to work

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Dec 20 03:33:29 UTC 2012

Before I file a bug, I want to see if anyone else is finding this, because I'd think for sure by now if people can't choose what disk they want partitions on in a multi-disk scenario, something brown would have hit the fan by now.

Choose two black virtual disks (or choose 8 which is what I did, but it doesn't matter). Go to Manual Partitioning. Add swap of some amount.

a. Click on swap mount point.
b. Observe that the "Name:" field says sda1 (or whatever it says for you).
c. Click on the black hole spewing gamma rays button, to the right of the minus button.
d. Observe in the resulting "Configure Mount Point" your listed options are all highlighted in blue, apparently all disks are selected for this one swap mountpoint.[1]
e. Observe in the same dialog, the capacity vs free space, and you'll see which disk is actually being used for swap.
f. In the same dialog, choose another disk and click select.
g. Observe swap mount point "Name:" does not change from sda1 (or whatever it was for you before). [2]
h. Click on the black hole button again, observe that the disk you chose in step f. is now the only one selected, yet free space is the same as capacity.[3] And also observe that there is an unselected disk with a lower amount of free space than capacity.

Conclusion: Configure Mount Point doesn't actually do anything.

Chris Murphy