PackageKit Software Updates window flood

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 12:05:06 UTC 2012

The PackageKit based Updates Installer in GNOME Shell here just opened
dozens of small dialogs at the end after installing today's updates,
requiring me to click many times to close them one after the other.

{...}

Then, when I wanted to start that program manually for a brief check
whether it still works, I used the desktop search, typed "Soft", but
it didn't show the updater. It doesn't find any program when searching
for "Upd" either. This used to work...

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.11-3.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.22 0.11 0.13