Lag in system sounds

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Fri Dec 21 17:12:20 UTC 2012

Good day all,

Since updating to F18, I've noticed that system sounds for things like
minimize and maximize and change desktop, take at least 2-3 seconds to occur.

This is in KDE 4.9.90 btw

I think it may be something to do with pulseaudio not having realtime
privileges or whatever the correct term is, because there is no lag when i
play mp3's or video files (lips are in sync).

infact if i play an mp3 through audacious, and then while playing I change
desktop or minimise or maximise the sound is instant, as tho pulseaudio has
been elevated to realtime scheduling (if thats the correct terminology)

This isn't a massive problem, I only mention it because it is different
behaviour than F17, plus I'd like it to work as before if possible

I wonder if this has been noticed by anyone else, and if I can do anything
about it

Thankyou

Martin