An arbitrarily sized /tmp does not fit all

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Fri Dec 21 21:05:53 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-21, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Although apparently we now need PROBABLYINMEMORYTMPDIR and
> PROBABLYONDISKWITHMORESPACEANDALONGERLIFETMPDIR.

I dunno.  You may need to set TMPDIR per-application depending on your
requirements.  But honestly that's the state of things even without
putting /tmp in memory; OpenStack does disk image manipulation in
TMPDIR, for example, which means it really needs a TMPDIR that is
dedicated to that particular environment (or an explict configuration
setting that can be used to make it NOT DO THAT).