F18 partitioning LVM Question....

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Dec 26 12:51:47 UTC 2012

On Dec 26, 2012, at 5:03 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> What I wanted to do was create a large physical volume and then create several logical volumes within and some un-allocated space.  I want to do this since I'm not certain as to the ultimate size needs of the partitions as time goes by.  So, if need be, I can add to a partition or shrink a partition.
>
> I could find no way to do this in the "customize" partition layout of F18.  I'm pretty sure it could be done in F17.
>
> Am I missing something or is this feature not yet available but planned?

I'm not understanding what point you're getting lost. On a 2TB disk, I can create one partition that goes to an LVM VG, from which I create four LVs: swap, root, boot, home. 4GB, 50GB, 500MB, and 50GB respectively. The remaining 1.99TB is unallocated.

BTW this single partition, everything in LVM, is GRUB2 bootable.

Chris Murphy