TC1 netinstall.iso Clarify Test ug from F16?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Feb 5 00:43:16 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-04 at 17:16 +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 04/02/12 17:07, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > I don't think any code has yet been added to anaconda to do the /usr
> > move preparation stuff on upgrade; so it seems quite likely that
> > the /usr move is the source of the problem here.
>
> The switch back to Rawhide?

? Not sure what you mean.

The packages that implement the /usr move feature - moving everything
from /bin into /usr/bin and /lib into /usr/lib and so on - landed into
main Rawhide on Friday. That means that when you do an upgrade with
boot.iso, it will be using the post-/usr move packages. However,
anaconda doesn't yet, AFAIK, have the necessary code to prepare the
system for the /usr move before it happens. So basically, if you try and
do an upgrade to post-/usr move packages (i.e. what's in Rawhide, but
*not* what's on the TC1 DVD, as TC1 was composed before the /usr move
packages landed in Rawhide) at present, it seems likely that it will
fail.

I'm not sure what's the status on adding the necessary code to anaconda
to handle the /usr move preparation.