New test case for testing if services start properly

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:37:08 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 05:14 PM, Petr Schindler wrote:
> I've added test case [1] to [2].
>
> [1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Services_start
> [2]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Base_validation_results_template

You probably want to add to that an test that requires testers to check
for service only be started by default that have been granted explicit
permission to do so by FESCO.  (
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Starting_services_by_default )

Although I dont think this list is up2date, since in F16 I migrated all
the xinetd based service to native systemd units including xinetd it
self ( which basically means that we dont need to start it anymore since
it's been obsoleted by systemd )  and what ifplugd is doing on that list
beats me since it's no longer maintained upstream and really should be
deprecated from the distribution.

JBG