Anaconda should be rewritten in a compiled language!

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:33:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM, stan <gryt2 at q.com> wrote:

> Can you expand on entering the debugger when a traceback occurs?  What
> packages need to be installed?  How is it invoked immediately after the
> traceback in order to pick up the failed job?

No packages need to be installed, everything is right there in the
install environment. In the window with the traceback, there's a
'debug' option that will drop you into PDB (I haven't looked at the
code, but it probably calls pdb.post_mortem() with the exception
object). See http://docs.python.org/library/pdb.html#module- pdb for
more details on the debugger itself.