NumLock won't turn off in rawhide

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 07:36:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel
<clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net> wrote:

> How do I get the numlock the turn off?  (please don't tell me to press the
> NumLock key!!  It doesn't work in rawhide right now. :-) )
>
> I tried numlockx off, but no effect.

I installed F17 (F17 Desktop Live CD) and Rawhide (F16 Desktop Live CD
 upgraded to Rawhide) on Sunday on the same netbook.

In F17, logging in to GNOME, numlock's on and cannot be turned off in
Terminal and numlock's on and can be turned off on a virtual console
while logged in to GNOME. After logging out of GNOME, numlock's off
when logging in to a virtual console.

In Rawhide, no numlock problem.