VirtualBox and test releases

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Thu Feb 23 21:00:34 UTC 2012

I'm trying to test Fedora 17 RC4 in a Virtual Box environment. I had
problems doing this with F16 as well. It is up and running, but
tortuously slow. I noticed that it complained when I was installing the
guest additions about the 'experimental x' version. Every aspect of what
I do is slow; bootup takes many minutes, logging in takes over a couple
of minutes, opening windows or programs, everything. I'm running the
latest version of VirtualBox from Oracle on a Win7 machine with an i5
CPU and 4 GB of ram. I've allocated 2 GB to the Fedora VM. Does anyone
else have this problem?
--
Claude Jones Brunswick, MD, USA