EC2 AMI Test Case Review Request

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk konrad.wilk at oracle.com
Mon Jan 9 16:39:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 08:10:42AM -0700, Tim Flink wrote:
> Now that EC2 functionality is a release requirement, I've written up a
> draft test case for EC2 AMIs. I tried to keep it straight forward
> without writing a "how to use EC2" guide.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tflink/QA:Testcase_EC2_AMI_Validation_%28draft%29
>
> I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments before moving it from a
> draft page and adding it to the release validation matrices.

Looks good to me.. thought as a first time user of AWS, the process
of creating an account and the verification was a bit slow.

Also, when finally creating an account I've had no idea what to
actually select. I saw something about free Amazon Micro EC2
but no idea how to use it. Finally figured out that I am suppose
to use the "Classic" workflow.

Perhaps adding in a comment saying: "As setting up a first-time AWS account
can take sometimes a few hours, it is recommended that the user create this in
advance."

Also perhaps a link to do when nothing shows up. For example I just
created an ami-5f16d836 and all lights are green but I can't connect to it.
Perhaps some link to "how to get debug/bootup logs" from the instance?

Or how to add 'debug loglevel=8' to the kernel bootup? IF that is is
possible?