Root priviledges needed to poweroff

ergodic gmml at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 27 16:01:46 UTC 2012

It is clear that different scenarios require different rules.
I have installed Fedora for three different friends.  All at different physical locations from my place.  These people have no computer knowledge, so giving them elevated permissions spells disaster.  However they must to be able to start the box and turn it off.  A different scenario is server box which requires different rules.

Thus why not make the choice configurable?  One of my many dislikes of Microsoft Windows has been its rigidity.

Furthermore, as it stands today be caught in a false sense of security. A reboot can be  executed immediately by any user regardless of whether anyone else is logged in  and with no warning issued.