FC17 upto FC18/ Rawhide???

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 12 19:35:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:24:35 -0700,
   Rob Healey <robhealey1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>I sit and wait and wait and wait some more, all that I ever get is a mouse
>pointer with a waiting symbol.  I never get anywhere farther than the mouse
>cursor which does move all around the screen if I play with it....
>
>I eventually after waiting for more than 5 minutes with the cursor, I
>reboot and re- install FC17 final!

I have seen a problem with systemd-185-5. It seems to block mounting file
systems late in the boot process. There is also a plymouth change that is
required going from systemd-185-2 to systemd-185-5 and the real problem
might lie there.When I manually recover from the mount issue, gdm doesn't
seem to run (though maybe the display just isn't updated). Falling back to
systemd-185-2 and the older plymouth got things working again. I haven't
received any feedback on the bug report yet.