NetworkManager bridging features available but not usable?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:52:38 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 12:03 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> So it sounds like, right now, what you can do is take an existing
> bridged config, drop NM_CONTROLLED=no from the ifcfg files, enable the
> NM service if necessary, and then see if NM takes over properly. It
> doesn't seem to be explicitly stated, but reading between the lines, the
> UI stuff isn't done yet.

I just tried this, and NetworkManager didn't bring up either the
physical interface or the bridge.  Here are ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-br0:

DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
IPV6INIT=no
HWADDR=00:22:4d:4f:c7:ed
BRIDGE=br0
#NM_CONTROLLED=no

IPADDR=172.31.250.1
GATEWAY=172.31.250.254
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
DEVICE=br0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Bridge
IPV6INIT=no
DELAY=0
#NM_CONTROLLED=no

Anyone have any ideas?

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno at gmail.com
"If you're going to shift my paradigm ... at least buy me dinner first."