Linking negative karma points to a reported bug

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 18:45:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 18:34 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > It's hardly 'sticking their nose in'. The updates policy is owned by
> > FESCo, not by us.
>
> WooT?
>
> >   In practice, I'd say the point is kinda moot because
> > this is clearly Bodhi 2.0 stuff, and we've been waiting for Bodhi 2.0
> > forever and a day, and it'll be very different from current Bodhi, so we
> > should probably just keep waiting for it and re-evaluate the whole
> > process once it_finally_  arrives.
>
> I disagree we should reach decision now and have it implement ( or not )
> when bodh 2.0 finally arrives.
>
> It kinda goes without saying that it's better for the developers to add
> it now rather then after they release + it would give us time to test it

That's a point, actually. But we'd need to look at it within the broader
context of how Bodhi 2.0 is actually designed, because it's not at all
designed around the Bodhi 1.0 concept of 'one numeric karma value and a
comment box'. Luke, would you be available to join the QA meeting at
1500 UTC on Monday, for a discussion about Bodhi 2.0 and some possible
feedback from us into the design? Thanks!