Linking negative karma points to a reported bug

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 23:13:05 UTC 2012

On 06/28/2012 09:22 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> That's not really true. We don't maintain the updates policy, FESCo
> does.

Yes that's what I'm saying as in why is Fesco maintaining the update
policy instead of us + releng?

>   We don't maintain Bodhi, infrastructure does. We don't maintain
> Bugzilla, RH engineering ops does.
Yeah with regards to Bugzilla, our infrastructure team really ought to
be maintaining our own private instance of it. If it continues to be run
by RH engineering ops limiting us by some RHEL Customer rules and
policies and what not that we have no clues who are then I guess I will
have to start going against what I have advocated all these years and
recommend that reporters stop using it and report bugs directly upstream
as several maintainers within the project has wanted us to do for some time.

We already have had one project leaving Bugzilla perhaps it's time for
us to do it as well.

> There isn't really much at all in the
> updates process that is owned/maintained by QA; we just have an obvious
> responsibility to contribute our testing.

Arguably that should be changed...

JBG