Pxeboot still broken.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Mar 4 00:49:05 UTC 2012

I was able to get past the root= fail with the following "default" for tftp.

prompt 1
default linux
timeout 100

label linux
kernel vmlinuz
append initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216 askmethod
root=live:http://192.168.1.13/squashfs.img

BUT NOW when I enter http://192.168.1.13/fc17/os  the loader complains
there is no valid tree there.
This used to work but not with Fedora 17.
I tried it with NFS but that failed the same way.
(this refers to an rsync clone:
mirrors.kernel.org::fedora/development/17/x86_64/os /z/fc17)

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com