CAn't read sata disk SMART values after resuming from hibernation

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sun Mar 4 07:21:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

Having the problem that after *resuming from hibernation* the system is
not able to read the disk smart data from all my disks:

sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda

smartctl 5.42 2011-10-20 r3458
[x86_64-linux-3.3.0-0.rc5.git3.1.fc17.x86_64] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-11 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Model Family:     Western Digital Caviar Blue Serial ATA
Device Model:     WDC WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0
Serial Number:    WD-WCAYU0114219
LU WWN Device Id: 5 0014ee 1ad259f8f
Firmware Version: 01.03B01
User Capacity:    500,107,862,016 bytes [500 GB]
Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
Device is:        In smartctl database [for details use: -P show]
ATA Version is:   8
ATA Standard is:  Exact ATA specification draft version not indicated
Local Time is:    Sun Mar  4 08:10:00 2012 CET
*SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Disabled*

I have to start the smartctl cmd again with the additional parameter "-s
on". Then the smart data are available.

Kernel: 3.3.0-0.rc5.git3.1.fc17.x86_64

Anybody has similar problems, and possibly, a solution?

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes