Draft SOP for requesting TCs/RCs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 02:32:07 UTC 2012

Hey, folks.

So I've been doing the TC / RC requests for a while, and James did them
before that. It occurred to me that while it's theoretically 'obvious'
how this happens, and mostly defined by the release validation process,
in practice it's probably worth having an explicit SOP to describe how
to do this, for raptor-proofing purposes.

I wrote a kind of proto-SOP to the list back last year:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-November/104402.html

so I just expanded that out into this draft formal SOP:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_SOP_compose_request

It features me being my typical wordy self, but I think it's not *too*
long or eye-glazey and I hope it pretty comprehensively explains the
hows and whys of doing a compose request. Please review it and provide
any feedback that occurs to you - factual, linguistical or otherwise.
Thanks! Note I tried to follow the vague Fedora convention with regards
to 'must' and 'should' - 'must' is used specifically to mean 'this
absolutely must happen', 'should' is used to mean 'you really ought to
do this but it's possible that in some weird cases there might be a
reason not to, I guess, and the world doesn't automatically end if you
don't'.

I think it'd be a neat raptor-proofing test for someone else to do the
F17 Beta or Final compose requests, maybe. Anyone feel like they want to
get involved with that?

James, CCing you just in case you have any insights into the process
which have been lost on my bumbling watch. thanks!