F17 vs. Pentium 4

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat Mar 31 06:26:26 UTC 2012

In bugzilla bug 808300, Josh Boyer wrote:
> D865GBF is one of the motherboards that was broken due to an ACPICA change.
> It was fixed in an updated kernel, but the F16 media cannot be updated.
> See bugs 73007 727865.
> Can you please try the nightly F17 live images, or the upcoming F17 beta?

I can try, but right now, I don't know where to find things.
The F17 alpha didn't work for me.  The checksum was
d37440807791aaa595a4b9e4c2c9a4e381ef0770571b17eac552107e3fb6aeec.
Also, I don't have much of a clue about pungi,
which I gather is what I would have to use
to make an F16 installer with the new kernel.
F15 is my latest installed system and the pungi documentation I
could find didn't mention how to do forward versions.

All the above refer to hard drive install attempts without media.
My DVD burner doesn't work any more.
With F15, I can get to the installer without media.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily