totem-mozplugin unsuccessfully tries to take over Flash games?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Sun May 6 02:59:00 UTC 2012

Don't have nspluginwrapper installed. Do have Adobe flash-plugin RPM
(64-bit) installed.

Recent update went from totem-mozplugin-3.4.0-1.fc17.x86_64 to
totem-mozplugin-3.4.1-2.fc17.x86_64. After this, attempted to visit
http://www.notdoppler.com/arachnophilia.php , and the browser tried
(unsuccessfully) to hand it off to totem-mozplugin instead of
libflashplayer.so (i.e., totem wasn't able to play it, since it's not
actually a video, it's a game). Uninstalled totem-mozplugin and Flash
games are now working fine again.

Not sure totem-mozplugin should be claiming ownership of file types it's
not actually fully capable of playing.

Not sure why I just saw the problem now with the upgrade to the newest
totem-mozplugin package. Is this a change, or was there an oddity of my
firefox plugin config which prevented totem-mozplugin from asserting
primary ownership of swf files until I upgraded it?

   jik