F17 self-built boot.iso queries

Amit Saha amitksaha at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 7 14:39:53 UTC 2012

Hello all:

I built a boot.iso with 'lorax' using Fedora 17 release,version using the
default templates:

$ sudo lorax --buildarch=i386 -p fedora -v 17 -r 17 -s
http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/linux/development/17/i386/os/ lorax_op

I faced a couple of issues:

1. When i boot it using qemu/VirualBox, after selecting the install option,
the process stops with a white screen. Any reason for this?

2. When I boot it on bare metal after burning to a USB stick, the installer
goes to the storage device selection stage. I already have a Fedora 17
installation on disk, which the new installation isn't very happy with and
complains that it cannot proceed with the installation. Is this expected?

Thanks for any comments and clarifications.

Best,
Amit

--
http://echorand.me