F17 & Geforce GTX 550Ti

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue May 29 14:11:44 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-05-27 at 01:35 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Got this new card today and it seems not to work with F17.  I got it
> installed and tried all the slots, which include HDMI, dvi, and nothing
> worked.  It does during BIOS boot and in windows, so it's installed
> correctly.  I also got it to work using acpi=off noapic but resolution
> was off.

I'm going to wager this is because the nouveau driver requires ACPI to
work, so that you effectively said 'nomodeset'.

> Also then installed nvidia proprietary drivers and that worked
> like a champ.
>
> Is there a problem with this card and F17?

Strange, you asked the question after you'd already given the answer.

nvc0 hardware like yours should be mostly working, so yes I think you've
found a bug.  We'd want to see dmesg from booting with drm.debug=4
(which will involve ssh'ing into the machine, or else being a really
skilled blind typist).

- ajax