Release criteria proposal: partitioning (alpha and beta)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 01:32:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 19:18 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Oct 1, 2012, at 6:38 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>
> > Have I just been told to see Figure.1 ?
>
> I guess. More to the point you've been told that the thing you say
> Fedora should have to keep you from using another distro, you haven't
> had with oldui, so it's actually a feature request.

Right. In general, several of the proposals in this thread seem to be
more feature requests than criteria proposals. This thread isn't
intended to be a comprehensive list of every feature we think the newUI
partitioning code ought to have, but what we think absolutely must be in
place and working _as a minimum_ for Alpha and Beta releases. If you're
thinking more along the lines of 'I'd like for the new anaconda to do
X', then that's an RFE bug against anaconda or a thread for the anaconda
mailing list.