firewalld this doesn't seem right....

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Oct 2 07:04:29 UTC 2012

On Oct 2, 2012, at 12:33 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:

> If you run the firewall-config GUI there are no rules listed anywhere.  "iptables -L" shows there are plenty defined.

I'm not sure I follow. iptables and firewalld aren't at all related and shouldn't be used at the same time. firewall-config wouldn't list iptables rules.

>  I thought that maybe they were "invisible" but I soon found out that doing a "Reload firewalld" causes all services to be unavailable.  A systemctl restart of firewalld is needed to restore a "working" system.

Hmm. The point of firewalld is exactly that restarts of the daemon aren't needed for behavior changes to be applied,  unlike iptables.

Chris Murphy