Has anybody else seen a delay in xfce?

Sergio sergiocmailbox-users at yahoo.com.br
Sat Oct 6 01:04:35 UTC 2012

--- Em sex, 5/10/12, Kevin Martin <ktmdms at gmail.com> escreveu:

> De: Kevin Martin <ktmdms at gmail.com>
> Assunto: Has anybody else seen a delay in xfce?
> Para: "For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases" <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Data: Sexta-feira, 5 de Outubro de 2012, 10:53
> When I switch from one workspace to
> another there is a noticeable delay (3-6 seconds), whether I
> do it by mouse-wheel, by clicking
> on an open application in the taskbar, by using
> ctl-alt-arrow, or by setting the window manager to "Wrap
> workspaces when the pointer
> reaches the screen edge" and scrolling right or left.
> In the last case, the smaller the Edge resistance the better
> but it's still a
> noticeable delay.  One thing I *do* notice is that
> those workspaces with the largest number of open GUI
> applications seem to take
> longer to switch to than those that
> don't.   So, for example, if I switch to a
> workspace that just shows some desktop icons the
> switch is virtually instantaneous.  But then when
> switching to my workspace that has, say, Thunderbird running
> in it, it will take
> upwards of 6 seconds or more.  As a matter of fact,
> while drafting this email I switched to a blank ws and then
> back to this ws and
> the return switch took 8 seconds (since I had Thunderbird
> *and* the screen in which I was drafting this email open at
> the time).  I
> then minimized Thunderbird and the "new email" GUI's and
> then switched back and forth with impunity.  So is this
> an xfce issue or an
> X issue do you think?  I didn't see this behaviour in
> the past before starting to work with F18 and rawhide.
>

> --
>
> Regards,

> Kevin Martin
> --

I use F17 and Xfce. My PC is very old (Athlon) so I see a delay when switching to a thunderbird window but it's sometimes less than a second, sometimes maybe a couple of seconds.
So specially if your computer isn't as old then maybe you have a video driver issue? Just a guess that might be wrong.
So the issue exists but for some reason you're having it exaggerated.