F18: increased login delay to 50 secs at verfiy first login after reboot

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 15:37:25 UTC 2012

On 10/10/2012 10:06 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 03:59 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>>> Hi Drago01,
>
>>> See here!
>>> ================================================================
>
>>> gnome-session[1137]: WARNING: Could not parse desktop file
>>> /home/backes/.config/autostart/nautilus-autostart.desktop: Key file
>>> does not have key 'Name' gnome-session[1137]: WARNING: could not read
>>> /home/backes/.config/autostart/nautilus-autostart.desktop
>>> gnome-session[1137]: WARNING: Could not parse desktop file
>>> /home/backes/.config/autostart/xfce4-settings-helper-autostart.desktop:

Key file does not have key 'Name' gnome-session[1137]: WARNING:
>>> could not read
>>> /home/backes/.config/autostart/xfce4-settings-helper-autostart.desktop
>>> gnome-session[1137]: WARNING: Could not parse desktop file
>>> /home/backes/.config/autostart/qstart.desktop: No such file or
>>> directory gnome-session[1137]: WARNING: could not read
>>> /home/backes/.config/autostart/qstart.desktop gnome-session[1137]:
>>> WARNING: Could not parse desktop file
>>> /home/backes/.config/autostart/xfconf-migration-4.6.desktop: Key file
>>> does not have key 'Name' gnome-session[1137]: WARNING: could not read
>>> /home/backes/.config/autostart/xfconf-migration-4.6.desktop
>
>>> (gnome-settings-daemon:1425): power-plugin-WARNING **: session
>>> inhibition not available, gnome-session is not available Fontconfig
>>> warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading
>>> configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated. Tracker-Message:
>>> Setting up monitor for changes to config
>>> file:'/home/backes/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg' Fontconfig
>>> warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading
>>> configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated. Tracker-Message:
>>> Setting up monitor for changes to config
>>> file:'/home/backes/.config/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.cfg' ** Message:
>>> applet now removed from the notification area Fontconfig warning:
>>> "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from
>>> ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
>
>>> ** (nautilus:1592): WARNING **: Can not get _NET_WORKAREA
>
>>> ** (nautilus:1592): WARNING **: Can not determine workarea, guessing at
>>> layout Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config
>>> file:'/home/backes/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg' Fontconfig
>>> warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading
>>> configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated. JS LOG: GNOME Shell
>>> started at Wed Oct 10 2012 15:34:45 GMT+0200 (CEST) JS ERROR: !!!
>>> Could not enumerate extensions directory JS ERROR: !!!     message =
>>> '"No such file or directory"' JS ERROR: !!! fileName =
>>> '"/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/misc/extensionUtils.js"' JS ERROR: !!!
>>> lineNumber = '162' JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '"0 anonymous("type" = 2,
>>> "dir" = [object

>>> anonymous()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/misc/extensionUtils.js:195 3
>>> wrapper()@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:204 4

6
>>> _sessionUpdated()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/extensionSystem.js:298 7
>>> init()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/extensionSystem.js:305 8
>>> start()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/main.js:193 9 <TOP LEVEL>@<main>:1
>>> "' JS LOG: loading default theme (Adwaita) ** Message: Stopping applet
>>> secret agent because GNOME Shell appeared failed to create drawable
>>> failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create
>>> drawable failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to
>>> create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create drawable
>>> failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create
>>> drawable failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to
>>> create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create drawable
>>> failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create
>>> drawable failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to
>>> create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create drawable
>>> failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create
>>> drawable failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to
>>> create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create drawable
>>> failed to create drawable failed to create drawable failed to create
>>> drawable failed to create drawable ** Message: applet now embedded in
>>> the notification area Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to
>>> choose focus window; focus window may not be correct. Window manager
>>> warning: Got a request to focus 0x1a00004 (Desktop) with a timestamp of
>>> 0.  This shouldn't happen! Fontconfig warning:
>>> "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from
>>> ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated. Fontconfig warning:
>>> "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from
>>> ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated. Fontconfig warning:
>>> "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from
>>> ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
>>> =================================================================

>>> It's permissive. "restorecon -rv /home/username" does not help.
>

>>> Thank you for your support.
>
>>> Kind regards
>

>>> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
>
>>> https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes
>
>> DNS Timeouts?
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Is there any line in the above messages that let's you assume that there
> are DNS timeouts?
>
> As for me, I don't think! Answers are very fast.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
>
> https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

No just years of experience, delays tend to be caused by resolving hostnames.