removing the non booting kernels how do I troubleshoot them?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Oct 18 20:11:53 UTC 2012

On Oct 18, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> I have sent a message with a picture of the debugging.
> The pictures are too big and are awaiting approval:

I think if you're sending 1.2MB files to a list serve, it's close to your first day at the rodeo. Please don't do that. Paste it somewhere and post a link instead.

> I have filed bugs before but I have not dealt with dracut as it is not as friendly as when one sees a selinux alert and files a bug with bug friendly tools and configures the bugzilla account.  This dracut stuff, please forgive me, provides no such option.

Umm, that's because none of that infrastructure is available yet because your failure is occurring so early. So if you care enough to complain about such failures on a test list, then you need to care to learn something new and enhance your troubleshooting skills. Or alternatively, ignore the problem and use a kernel that works. You have that option.

>  I want a (fool proof)/(idiot proof)/(friendly *) way of fixing this issue.  I have not encountered this issue.  Now I have three machines running Fedora 18 the only one i686 is the laptop and the others are desktops running x86_64 and they are working beautifully with the new/shiny 3.6.2 kernel but this one boots no kernel other than the first one.

Do you have a question?

Chris Murphy