Please test fpaste + fedora sticky notes instance

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Oct 23 15:56:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:56:34 -0400
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> > - It actually doesn't work fine. ;) From time to time it's prone to
> >   rejecting new pastes with a "Sorry, you broke our server". This
> >   confuses especially new folks.
>
> OK, I have seen that.  It is definitely irritating, but I figured it
> was a bug that just needed to be fixed.

Yeah, it's due to the way it's setup sadly... fixing it means rewriting
a bunch of it's db code. ;(

> > - fpaste.org is not controlled at all my fedora infrastructure. The
> >   folks who do run it would like to get our of the business of doing
> >   so.
>
> So... with the new sticky-notes thing are we going to have a new
> domain name too?  Or are they going to just redirect fpaste.org to
> <whatever>?

They were going to do a redirect for us, but last I heard were not able
to transfer the domain over to our control, so we might have another
domain/url that it redirects to. If you can come up with a good untaken
domain, we could set that up.

> > - We tried to clean up and package and use the existing code on
> >   fpaste.org, but it's got lots of issues and in the end it was
> > decided it wasn't very maintainable, so sticky notes was picked
> > from the active pastebin servers out there.
>
> OK.

kevin