Proposed ALpha Criteria

Petr Schindler pschindl at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 04:56:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Po, 2012-09-03 at 19:19 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> I propose the inclusion of two critera for an alpha release.
>
> 1.  safe and stable custom disk partitioning choice

We already have criteria, which demands usable partitioning. In
different phases we want different features (LVM, Raid, ...). The state
of things is something else.

> 2.  Mate desktop install choice

There are so called 'release-blocking desktops' (currently it is  Gnome
and KDE), those are desktops on which we focus most. If someone wants to
have working DE he must test by him self (we are testing it only when we
have some spare time). If there is no spin with Mate, then you have to
find someone (or even do it yourself) to create one. If you thing, that
there is lot of users of Mate, it will be very welcomed. If you will
need some help with it, we can try to help.