Karma needed for F18 Alpha blocker / NTH fixes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 00:40:52 UTC 2012

Hey, folks. We're currently sitting on quite a long list of F18 Alpha
blocker/NTH fixes that don't have sufficient karma to be pushed stable.
If people could please test these and provide karma, it'd really help:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/qt-4.8.2-6.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13041/dracut-023-21.git20120823.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kde-settings-4.9-9.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13118/firstboot-18.2-2.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13103/yum-3.4.3-42.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/parted-3.1-7.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13001/lightdm-1.3.3-1.fc18

thanks! A few notes: the qt update fixes lots of crashiness in Qt-based
apps on certain hardware, apparently; if KDE and Qt apps work okay for
you with the updated package, that's good enough for karma. For dracut,
if TC4, TC5 or pre-TC6 booted (at least was no worse than TC3) for you,
then that's enough for a +1. kde-settings is intended to ensure that KDM
runs after an install of KDE. If firstboot runs for you after a TC5 or
pre-TC6 install, that's enough to karma that one. If you could do a DVD
install of TC5 or pre-TC6, that's enough to karma yum. parted is a bit
tricky, but we could just up-karma it with a smoke test, I think.
lightdm is like kde-settings, but for LXDE.