TC6 resuls

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Thu Sep 6 15:45:44 UTC 2012

I downloaded the 64 bit TC6 ISOs.  The DVD image checksum failed.
The netinstall CD could not find a repository to load from.
The DVD installed a Gnome desktop, but the resultant Fedora
refuses to start a graphical desktop.

I was finally able to install a Gnome desktop using pxeboot et al.
The first few pxeboot installs stalled on a java package but I
was finally able to get a "gnome desktop" to install.  But it
didn't come up - I had to add a user (no firstboot) and then
that user was able to run Gnome.

The software management is brain dead, so I am running
yum update from a shell as I type this report.

Where is the TC8 that works flawlessly?

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com