F18 Alpha action needed: karma for blocker-fixing updates and votes on proposed blocker/NTH bugs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 04:49:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-08 5:09, John Reiser wrote:
>> ... as things stand, we're one bug away from an RC compose.
>
> Please give an explicit list of the literal package names which would
> go into the RC compose, at least the ones that are not in fedora +
> fedora-updates.
>
> About 8 hours ago pungi aborted when I tried to compose a DVD from
> fedora +
> fedora-updates + fedora-updates-testing (all using Fedora 18),
> complaining that grub/splash* did not exist.

TC/RC composes do not use updates-testing - that would negate the whole
point of the release freeze.

> Pungi succeeded with fedora + fedora-updates + anaconda-18.6.6-1 [4
> packages],
> but the full DVD.iso fails to boot.  Dracut aborts with "/dev/root
> does not exist".
> The netinst.iso gets the same dracut abort.

That's the correct package set, more or less. I don't know what problem
you're hitting, but tflink, clumens or dgilmore may be able to advise
(they've all done DVD/netinst composes with the F18 package set).

Packages that we pull into composes to fix blocker/NTH bugs go to this
repo until they are pushed stable:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/bleed/

So if you add that repo - use 'fedora' plus that repo, you don't really
need to use 'updates' as it is never populated for pre-releases - you
should get something pretty close to TC6.

Updates that will likely be pulled for TC7/RC1 but which aren't yet
stable are:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13611/anaconda-18.6.6-1.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/PackageKit-0.8.3-2.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13592/osmo-0.2.12-0.2.svn924.fc18

you may also want to make sure you use the latest lorax and pungi in
the build environment:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13600/lorax-18.18-1.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13063/pungi-2.12-1.fc18

Hope that helps, good luck...