Blocker Tracking App Reskin - Feedback on New Mockups

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 18:31:32 UTC 2012

I've been working on the blocker tracking app reskin and I think that
I'm getting close to being done with css/js/html changes for now. Many
thanks to Máirín Duffy for her help in improving the design of the page.

At the moment, there are still some small issues with colors/spacing and
I still haven't done much to fix the issues in chrome/chromium but would
obviously fix those issues before pushing anything to production.

Before I start working on the app itself and converting the mockups
into usable templates, I wanted to get some feedback from the other
people who will actually be using the app once it's finished. I want to
have update tracking in place for F18 beta but I doubt that all of the
features alluded to in the mockups will be done by then.

The two mockups that I'm looking at right now (identical other than
the table column ordering) are:
http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/blockerbugs/reskin-draft3/blockers-3.html
http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/blockerbugs/reskin-draft3/blockers.html

The pages should render correctly for Firefox <= 14 but you will need to
have javascript and external fonts enabled in order for the page to
render correctly - there are popup tooltips on the "updates" column and
the "recently changed" icon is not an image but an icon font. There are
a couple of broken links but everything should work well enough to get
an idea of what the app would eventually look like.

This is a screenshot of what the first mockup (blockers-3.html) should
look like when rendered:
http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/blockerbugs/20120911_blocker-static-rendered.jpg

Anyhow, I would appreciate feedback on the mockups if you have any.

Thanks,

Tim