F18/Alpha-RC2

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:15:13 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-12 at 11:27 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

Continuing the thread about RC2 experiences rather than starting a new
one:

I successfully installed using an x86_64 dvd repo. I installed GNOME.
The install went smoothly. System boots up fine. All of this is on a
qemu-kvm instance.

During the install:

1. Network time still doesn't work.
2. Custom partitioning went okay. I made a separate /, /home, swap
partitions.
3. The "fill up to all available space" option seems to have gone. It
was kinda handy.
4. When it shows package installation progress, I think an image below
the progress bar is missing.

Firstboot:

1. Still cannot enable network time.
2. Was not asked for smolt. Removed, or does it detect the vm?

After install:

1. Logs in fine.
2. fpaste was not available. Shouldn't it be in the default package set?
3. Couldn't find an "install.log" file. Does the new anaconda not write
a log?
4. yum -y update seems to be working fine (still in progress).

Please let me know if there are any other specific tests that I could
carry out (to provide karma to packages etcetera).

--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.