F18 kvm guest kickstart with text only

Scott Poore spoore at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 00:53:37 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>
> To: test at lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> Dont you mean "--graphics none --extra-args="console=ttyS0,115200"
> instead of --nographics ?
>
> JBG

Maybe but, I've been using --nographics for RHEL and Fedora kickstarts up until now.  Even switching though, I see the same results:

Scrolls through normal boot messages till it gets here:

<snip>
Starting installer, one moment...
anaconda 18.6.7 for Fedora 18-Alpha (pre-release) started.

[anaconda] 1:main* 2:shell  3:log  4:storage-log  5:program-log
</snip>

Seems to hang there churning away from the way it looks in the Virtual Machine Manager CPU Usage graph.  And I can't seem to switch terminals to get to the shell to investigate.

Am I missing an option from my ks.cfg maybe?