F18 Alpha Software Selection...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Sep 15 06:07:18 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-13 17:31, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I just downloaded the latest F18 Alpha RC and I'm a bit confused.
> I've skipped a few test images and I may be missing something.  In
> earlier versions I've tried, I'm pretty sure I was able to select my
> desktop environment and then a large range of add-ons.  Now, it seem,
> the add-on selections are very limited.
>
> Is that intentional?

Yes. A lot of the groups were removed from the list between RC2 and
RC3, by this change in comps:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/comps.git/commit/?id=2adbfb571ed41f3b45618126d39613a279c4435b

note all the changes from uservisible=true to uservisible=false.

The design of the package selection interface and exactly what will be
in each group and what groups will be available still isn't finalized,
though. Bill's still working on it to an extent.