lethal adventures in f18 alpha

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Sep 16 02:15:56 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-15 8:20, cornel panceac wrote:
>> Thanks, but you still didn't say what options you chose during the
>> run
>> of anaconda.
>
> that's probably because i don't understand what options are you
> referring to: software to install? location?  probably the last thing
> i've choosed was whch of those two hard disks to use as an install
> target. i did not see anywhere an option about what kind of
> partitioning i should choose .... maybe it was there and i did not
> see
> it?

If you just picked a disk and continued, then yup, as the bug report
states, anaconda will reformat the entire disk.

The way into custom partitioning, for Alpha, is to click 'let me review
and modify the partitions anyway' (well, roughly, I forget the exact
wording). That takes you into the custom partitioning interface. If you
didn't enter that, then anaconda's behaviour would be to reformat all
disks you selected. Again, this will change for Beta/Final.