Rawhide rc.local fails to start

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 17 10:57:08 UTC 2012

On 09/17/2012 12:11 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 17/09/12 10:52, Patrick Lists wrote:
>
>> Iirc the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file must start at the top with:
>> #!/bin/bash
> This was needed.
>

>> Then activate this service with something like:
>> # systemctl enable rc-local.service
>>
> It's doesn't appear to be controlled by systemctl

So it seems yet it works for me. If I enable the rc-local.service I get:
"The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be
enabled using systemctl". Yet rc.local seems to be started when my box
boots.

> The only problem now is trying to get it to start after lightdm.service,
> as setxkbmap needs a display.

I don't know much about systemd but perhaps you could create a separate
service file in /usr/lib/systemd/system with the proper config to ensure
there is a display?

There are systemd mailing lists where you could ask: