Another Fedora 18 Alpha story

Timothy Davis cpuobsessed at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:38:33 UTC 2012

My system is an older Athlon FX-60 on a socket 939 nforce4 motherboard
with two SATA drives and one IDE hard drive
I wanted to install F18 on the IDE drive (140Gb WD) and went through
the steps and selected a number of packages to install
It appeared to installed just fine but when I went to boot into F18 it
didn't exist! I booted into my F17 install and checked the disk
with palimpset and it didn't find any partitions. I selected the
automatic partitioning and made sure that there were no partitions on
the disk when I started.

--
Fedora, Ubuntu and Slackware user
Linux counter #386175